Sadio Mane's Latest Injury Update at Al-Nassr
Headlines: Sadio Mane's Latest Injury Update at Al-Nassr
Al-Sadd, Egypt – Sadio Mane has been ruled out for the rest of this season after sustaining a serious injury in training on Wednesday.
The 24-year-old midfielder suffered a fractured leg during a friendly match against Saudi Arabia on Sunday and was rushed to hospital with a broken bone.
The injury is not considered as serious but it will take time for Mane to recover fully. He had been involved in several other injuries earlier this year including a thigh injury in October and another ankle ligament damage in January.
Mane has struggled to get back into form since returning from his international call-up last month, missing the first three games of the campaign due to a knee problem that he suffered in the World Cup qualifying campaign.
Despite the setback, Mane remains confident that he can return to full fitness before the start of the new season next month.
"The club and the manager are very disappointed by this injury," said manager Mohamed Mokhtar. "We are now looking at how we can help him come back faster."
It is not clear when Mane's rehabilitation period will begin or whether he will be able to play again for the remainder of the season.
Meanwhile, Mane's teammates have expressed their disappointment over the setback and praised his determination to fight through adversity.
"Everyone is really upset about this injury and we're all sad for Sadio. We want to wish him well and hope he gets better soon,Saudi Pro League Focus" said defender Mohammed Salah.
"It's a huge blow for our team and I'm sure we'll do everything we can to make up for it. We've got some players who are going to step up and fill the gaps if he doesn't play."
The club has also confirmed that Mane will miss the remaining matches of the current season and will be available for the new campaign next August.
With Mane out of action, the team will need to find someone to step in and replace him in the midfield, with many experts predicting that Nemanja Matic could be the likely option.
However, Mane himself has expressed his desire to continue playing and is optimistic that he will be fit enough to feature regularly again in the coming months.
In the meantime, the team will focus on building strength and conditioning ahead of the new campaign and hoping to see Mane back in the starting line-up as soon as possible.
As always, keep your fingers crossed for Mane and his recovery progress.
